Wednesday, March 23, 2016

SWEET SICK-TEEN

Well the first round is in the books and the upsets are more common as most of us have come to know but the questionable action of coaches takes more of the center stage in this three ring circus. I did consult with my coach friends and still hold to the beliefs that playing not to lose is the kiss of death.


I won't even bother with the Northern Iowa Texas A&M game because it would cause me more nausea than the game I found to be the epitome of playing not to lose versus playing to win. To me it is the equivalent of football teams going into the prevent defense which usually prevents teams from winning as well.

daddyleagues.com

I can never understand why, when you're in a rhythm and you have the other team on their heels, you feel the need to change? SFA had Notre Dame on their heels and confused as to how this small unranked school could challenge them repeatedly and have the game in hand. They simply played ball; their kind of ball. And then for some I'm going to outsmart myself reason the coach puts them in the dreaded eat up the clock aka stall ball offense and they don't score again. Notre Dame gets off the mat as if this is a WWF event and wins at the buzzer.

As a sports fan you wonder why coaches and their egos don't simply realize, if something is working don't stop. If it's not working change. It really is that simple because it's a game and while I know the other coach is thinking the same thing, apparently it hasn't prevented you from having success.

Having bypassed filling out a bracket this year saved me so much frustration that I'm actually enjoying the games minus these kind of coaching brain farts. But if you're a fan of coaches you can celebrate the fact that the SFA coach got hired by a major college program, Oklahoma State shortly thereafter. Seems to say we believe you can improve our program and hopefully you learned to play to win next time.



Oh well the ACC has spoken and we'll see how they do this coming weekend versus the rest of the Sweet 16. It's always a great tournament when unexpected teams advance and sans the Coach K 4 seed gift Duke received I've enjoyed the tournament for the most part.

I hope your bracket still has a pulse; by now mine would have been on life support at best but then again those who claim to know always have the worst brackets if they're telling the truth. Hard to believe a pundit who has 20 brackets saying he predicted the majority of the games correctly. I predict you're delusional. That's the way I see it sitting in The Box Seat. I'm Wayne Box Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment